Chris Paton is an associate practicing primarily in the areas of family law and personal injury law.
Chris is licensed to practice in South Carolina and New York, and is also admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the District of South Carolina and the Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of New York. He began his legal career as a law clerk to District Judge Raymond J. Dearie in the Eastern District of New York. Chris then worked as an associate in the New York City office of a large international law firm, where his practice focused on securities and merger-related litigation. He defended companies in litigation arising from mergers and acquisitions, represented a major investment bank in an SEC investigation, and represented the directors of an insurance company in a federal securities-fraud lawsuit. Chris left the firm to serve as a law clerk to Circuit Judge Joseph M. McLaughlin on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals before joining the Rosen Law Firm in 2010.
Chris grew up in Hamden, Connecticut, and attended New York University. He worked for a number of years in the music industry before attending St. John's University School of Law, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the law review and graduated magna cum laude.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- South Carolina, 2010
- New York, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2006
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 2007
- St. John's University School of Law
- J.D. (Magna Cum Laude) - 2005
- Law Review: St. John's Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
- New York University
- B.A. - 1997
Honors and Awards
- Chief Judge Edward D. Re Commencement Prize for Outstanding Scholarship and Service
- Ned D. Frank Award for Outstanding Achievement in Criminal Law
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Carolina Bar
- Charleston County Bar Association